Friday, December 30, 2011

Starting Over

I'm reviving this blog after a couple of years of inactivity. Honestly, I'm not sure I would have the discipline, nor the motivation to maintain it, but I'm gonna give it another shot.

At the start of this year, I was all gung-ho rah-rah-rah about 2011. But for this coming year, 2012, I feel very differently.

Maybe because this is the quietest Christmas season I've ever had. For one, our clan decided to forego our traditional annual family reunion for some legitimate reasons (and if I'm not mistaken, it's the first time it was ever cancelled). I also did not have my usual whirlwind of Christmas productions (I had to pass on to another director the only one I actually had). And besides, I spent the midnight between December 24 and 25 at the emergency room of Capitol Medical Center. I'm okay now, but still under medication.

But don't get me wrong. Not feeling like a cheerleader to welcome the new year does not in any way mean that I am not expecting much of 2012. In fact, I believe this coming year holds a lot of major changes in my life. And without attempting to get into one of those predictions, I personally feel that 2012 will be a milestone for our country's history as well.

Yes, I'm still excited about the new year, but in a quieter, albeit deeper kind of way. So let someone else lead the welcome parade while I stand on the side, applaud, and let out a big sigh of gratitude.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
(Jeremiah 29:11)

2 comments:

Dong Fullo said...

Direk, what happened to you po? ingat ka. God bless you always...

MARK ARANAL said...

Thanks for you concern, Dong. It was just a little pain. I'm okay now. Have a blessed new year!